Modeling Contact using the General Contact method in Abaqus
New Topics Covered
- Understand General Contact in Abaqus
- Instruct Abaqus to use General Contact in the analysis and assign global interaction properties
- Specify interaction properties for specific contact pairs and override defaults
- Use CSHEAR1 and CSHEAR2 to find shear stresses
- Request history output variables well suited to contact analysis problems
In this tutorial we will analyze 3 parts that come in contact with each other using the general contact method (as opposed to the contact pairs method). The setup is the same as it was in the previous tutorial, and is displayed in the following image.
We will simulate friction between one of the contact pairs, just as we did in the previous tutorial.
The dimensions of the parts are the same as well.
B. Part 1